Wednesday 18 March 2015

Morocco Part 1

My birthday was just over a week ago (it's my birthday month, so I'm still celebrating!) and I was treated to a wonderful holiday in the beautiful land of Morocco!! I LOVE travelling to the motherland!! I went with my mum and oldest sister and we arrived just in time for the start of a long activity-filled birthday day!!
I tell you, March is the best time to travel- ease through the airport and empty planes haha!

We stayed at the fabulous Riad Lena- our suite was actually called the 'Canelle' suite- paying homage to my sister Shanelle who wasn't with us perhaps haha?! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, the staff were so lovely and the rooms were stunningly designed. I couldn't help but go round and take a few pictures of the amazing decor of the rooms: 
My birthday breakfast. 








The lovely staff surprised me with a birthday cake!! On top of the scrumptious breakfast- bread, egg, fruits, yogurt, Moroccan tea, buns- the cake was delicious!!

The rest of the day consisted of us taking part in activities in Ourika, about a hour drive from Marrakech. We had our own personal driver and tour guide for the day.
From having tea with a Berber family in the Atlas mountains, to camel riding, to buying Argan oil at an Argan factory, to trekking through the mountains and buying traditional Moroccan dress- I had the best day!!
Sort of my name... haha!
My birthday ended with dinner at Palais Chahramane, where we enjoyed delicious Moroccan chicken tagine and cous cous and dance with a belly dancer!
After that, we headed to the famous club '555' where we danced the night away with Snoop Dogg as DJ!! I had soooooo much fun! Best birthday ever! I loved Morocco and I will be back!!
For those wondering what I am wearing during the day:
Crop top- Primark
Skirt-ASOS
Sandals- River Island
Bag- Primark
Head wrap-F21

Have you been to Morocco? To the Atlas Mountains?
What did you think?
Stay tuned for part 2!!

Until next time,
Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog, I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them.

Sx